Terms & Conditions
Upon signing the present East Coast Pro Tour Application Form, the participant hereby confirms that the information contained in the said East Coast Pro Tour Application Form is correct, that he/she is eligible for the Tournament, and that he/she has read, understood and agrees to be bound by the East Coast Pro Tour Terms and Conditions (the “ECPT Terms & Conditions”), as set out herein below.
- ENTRY: The participant hereby applies to enter the East Coast Pro Tour Event, as specified in the signed East Coast Pro Tour Application Form. By entering the said Event, the participant agrees to comply with and be bound by any rules, regulations, policies, procedures and codes of conduct applicable to the Event (collectively, the “Applicable Rules”), as determined by the Tournament Committee. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify any participant that does not comply with the present ECPT Terms and Conditions and/or the Applicable Rules. All decisions taken by the Tournament Committee in relation to any issue(s) related to the East Coast Pro Tour Event shall be final and binding. IN NO EVENT WILL THE EAST COAST PRO TOUR BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCE AND/OR LOSSES RELATING TO THE PARTICIPANT’S FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH GOLF CANADA’S RULES AND/OR THE SPONSOR’S RULES.
- VERIFICATION: Applications for entry are subject to verification by the Tournament Committee. Any and all applications for entry, which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late or otherwise deficient will be deemed invalid.
- EVENT PRIZE: The winner(s) of the Event (the “Winner(s)”) will be awarded the Subject Event Prize(s), money or otherwise as more fully described on the website of the East Coast Pro Tour for that Subject Event. Any and all expenses, which are not specifically identified to form part of the Subject Event Prize defined hereinabove, will be the sole responsibility of each participant. Unless otherwise specified, these exclusions include, but are not limited to, travel expenses, out of pocket expenses, taxes, expenses relating to travel documents, if any, transportation costs, drinks and meals, accommodations, incidental and/or other personal expenses (including gratuities, tips to hotels and restaurants, merchandise, telephone, Internet, pay-per-view and game fees, personal insurance and personal expenses of any nature for overnight layovers). Each participants is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation, if any, and booking any travel arrangements, including but not limited to, airfare or other transportation to the site of the Subject Event, and accommodations. Each participants is fully responsible for reporting and paying all local, provincial and federal taxes as well as any and all other expenses and/or costs relating to the Subject Event Prize(s). Each participant of a Subject Event Prize, namely any monetary prize, will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release, and required tax forms in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. All Subject Event Prizes must be accepted by the Winners, as more fully described on the website of the East Coast Pro Tour for the Event and cannot be transferred to another person and/or third-party, nor be substituted for another prize. Each Winner understands that he/she will have to abide by any rules, regulations, policies, procedures and codes of conduct applicable to the Event, as may be determined by the Sponsor. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Winner understands that he/she needs to meet the eligibility requirements for the Event in order to be awarded the Subject Event Prize. If, for any reason, the Winner forfeits its rights to the Subject Event Prize the Sponsor shall award the Subject Event Prize to the runner-up. Should the latter also forfeit its rights to the Subject Event Prize, then the Subject Event Prize will not be awarded. Each participant is solely responsible for determining whether accepting the Subject Event Prize will affect his/her “Amateur” status. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCE OR LOSSES RELATING TO A PARTICIPANT’S VIOLATION OF THE RULES OF GOLF CANADA’S RULES OF AMATEUR STATUS.
- IMAGE AND MEDIA RIGHTS: The participant consents to the recording, filming, videotaping, photographing or capture by any other means of their voice and image made in the context of their participation in The Vegas Golf Series and/or the East Coast Pro Tour, or any portion thereof and related activities including, but not limited to, promotional activities conducted by the promoter East Coast Pro Tour (collectively, the “Promotional Images”). The participant authorizes the East Coast Pro Tour and its affiliates, without further compensation, to use any such recording, filming, videotaping, photographing or other capture, in perpetuity, on any platform and anywhere in the world, in connection with the Event or any portion thereof and all related activities, for both commercial and information purposes, such as for advertising, publicizing or promoting the East Coast Pro Tour and/or their affiliates, including sponsors, and/or the activities of these entities, or for publicizing the Event or any future event of similar nature, unless and until the participant withdraws their consent in writing. Should a participant of an Event wish to withdraw their consent to the use of any and all Promotional Images they partook in prior to their publication, such participant shall have to send a written notice of withdrawal of consent to the East Coast Pro Tour within one (1) week following the termination of the Event and/or Tournament, as the case may be. In addition, the participant, whom sent a written notice of withdrawal of consent, hereby agrees to execute any and all additional written consents, if any, which may be required to ensure the enforceability of the present provision.
- RELEASE: The participant hereby discharges, releases, indemnifies and holds free and harmless the Promoter, namely the East Coast Pro Tour, the qualifier site, any and all sponsors of the Event, each company’s respective affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors as well as their respective directors, officers, administrators, shareholders, employees, agents and representative, including promotion agencies (also commonly referred to as advertising agencies), and suppliers of prizes, material goods and services relating to the Event (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all liability for losses, damages, injuries or claims, including, but not limited to, losses, damages or claims for personal injury (including bodily harm or death) or property damage, whether directly or indirectly, with respect to or arising from the participant’s entry in the Event and acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, or for claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, to the extent permitted by law, unless the material injury is cause by any one (1) or all of the Releasees’ intentional or gross fault, or, except if a bodily injury is cause by any one (1) or all of the Releasees’ fault. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the participant further agrees that certain risks, such as sports injuries or damages to or theft/loss of equipment or other personal belongings, are inherent to the Event and accepts sole liability for all such risks stated herein. Accordingly, the Participant discharges, releases, indemnifies and holds free and harmless the Releasees for such losses, damages, injuries or claims.
- EVENT CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT BY THE PROMOTER: The Tournament Committee reserves its rights to cancel, terminate, modify, postpone or suspend the Event, in whole or in part, for any valid and justifiable reasons. Should the Event not run as planned due to a valid and justifiable reason that is beyond the control of the Tournament Committee, the East Coast Pro Tour will advise the participants of the Event in question through its social media platforms, namely its website and Facebook page, any and all event updates, including any cancellation, postponement or modification to the Event. If the Event is cancelled or postponed by the Tournament Committee due to a valid and justifiable reason, the Tournament Committee will: (i) be required to refund the entry fees, in full, to the participants that were supposed to partake in the cancelled or postponed Event, within a timely delay; and, (ii) not be required to award any prize(s). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Tournament Committee has, in accordance with any and all management executives’ directives, city officials’ guidelines, and local law enforcement agencies, the authority to cancel or postpone any and all events for emergency purposes such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, global pandemic, force majeure and/or threats of terrorism. If such emergency conditions force the cancellation of the Event, the East Coast Pro Tour will not issue any refunds to the participants as all the funds gathered for the purposes of the occurrence of the Event had previously been spent in preparation for the Event. If the Event is postponed due to inclement weather or other emergency condition, the registration fee will automatically be transferred to the rescheduled date. If the Event is not rescheduled or a participant is unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund will be issued. IN NO EVENT WILL THE EAST COAST PRO TOUR BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OTHER CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCE OR LOSSES RELATING TO THE CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT OF, OR ANY CHANGES TO THE EVENT.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: In the event that a participant is unable to participate in the East Coast Pro Tour Event, which he/she had signed up for, due to any reason whatsoever, no refund will be given to the said participant. The participant hereby agrees to be bound by the present cancellation and refund policy. A refund may be requested no less than four (4) weeks prior to the commencement of the Tournament and there is a fee of ten percent (10%) of the Tournament entry fee charged for refunds.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: The participant’s personal information collected for the purposes of any and all East Coast Pro Tour Event(s) will only be used and disclosed so that the Tournament Committee may administer the Event. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Event will be sent to the participants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of the ECPT Terms and Conditions or the application thereof is held invalid, the invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of the ECPT Terms and Conditions, which can be given effect without the invalid provisions or applications, and, to this end, the provisions of the ECPT Terms and Conditions are declared to be severab In the event of a final, non-reviewable, non-appealable determination that any provisions in the ECPT Terms and Conditions (whether in whole or in part) is void or constitutes an unreasonable restriction against the participant(s), such provision shall not be rendered void but shall be deemed to be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision enforceable for the longest duration and the greatest scope as may constitute a reasonable restriction under the circumstances.
- SPONSOR: The event sponsor is the East Coast Pro Tour, a legal person duly incorporated in accordance with the laws of Quebec and having a head office at 12230 70th Avenue, in Montreal, province of Quebec, H1C 1Y4, Canada.
- HEADINGS: The headings of the present ECPT Terms and Conditions are for convenience or reference only and shall not affect in any manner any of the terms and conditions hereof.
- GOVERNING LAW: The present ECPT Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec, as well the federal laws of Canada applicable therein without any regards to conflicts of laws, and the parties hereto shall attorn to the judicial district of Montreal with regards to any dispute arising herefrom.